This image sums things up. The season is over for both leagues. What I wasn’t aware of was one league wrapped with a champion after week 16; leaving me with reporting only one game.
Even if the season ends with this post, I will still make one or two more posts. A recap for my leagues with some humorous stuff, and maybe even an explanation of how each Football Flop team ended up with said rival.
Blame my poor scheduling, but I was paired against my rival once again. Want to see what happened? I did extend the game notes this week; for what it’s worth. Read on…
[For the record, my teams are Half Measure and Flippy Flop.]
Consolation: Flippy Flop Beats AZ Devils
AZ Devils (7-8) 173.50
Flippy Flop got the second-highest player point total in the league this week from Drew Brees (39.65) to beat AZ Devils 189.55 – 173.50. Flippy Flop goes to 2-2 head-to-head this season against AZ Devils, avenging a Week 15 loss (174.00 – 156.90) the last time the teams met. Flippy Flop started one player with zero points while AZ Devils served up two goose eggs, meaning both teams left points off the scoreboard.
Smooth Moves by Flippy Flop
- With 12.20 points, Phil Dawson had the highest score for a K in the league this week.
- Flippy Flop saw their fourth-largest single-week point total by a player this season with Drew Brees scoring 39.65 points. The score was also high enough to rank second in the league.
- With 32.20 points, the Cincinnati Bengals Defense had the fifth-highest score in the league this week.
- Took the San Diego Chargers Defense out of the starting lineup, which scored 14.20 points on the bench, fewer than the starting DEF.
- Cordarrelle Patterson ranked second in the league in scoring among WRs this week with 22.45 points.
- Flippy Flop would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
- Flippy Flop would have defeated AZ Devils 149.25 – 140.90 had they played each other last week.
- AZ Devils would not have lost to any other team in the league besides Flippy Flop this week.
- This matchup had the top two scoring teams in the league this week.
- AZ Devils scored 173.50 points against a projected 179.03 and underachieved for the 15th time this season, including the last eight weeks in a row.
- With the win, Flippy Flop snapped their six-game losing streak.
- Andre Brown did little to help Flippy Flop, underperforming versus projections for the fourth straight game with 0.40 points against a projected 14.45.
- With 46.85 points, Flippy Flop got the highest combined scoring output from the QB position for any team this week.
- AZ Devils got a combined 69.90 points from their RBs, the highest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.