Though I now only have one league to
hang by a thread contend in, I am still making an effort in both. I even set my lineup this week in the league I missed playoffs in.
Torturous as it was, I checked to see how I would have fared. Without being able to add/drop/trade players, I managed to moxie up 143.70 points. This score would have beat five of the eight teams battling it out in the playoffs: which includes teams ranked 5th-8th. Better luck next year, right? That’s what Wrigleyville is all about.
In my other league, I stay bottomed-out as the match caused my opponent to take first place. Coincidentally, it was the team that [undeservingly] finished last place in my league last year.
[For the record, my teams are Half Measure and Flippy Flop.]
Audy Bears Beats Flippy Flop to Grab First Place
Flippy Flop (3-11) 132.95
Audy Bears defeated Flippy Flop 181.90 – 132.95 for a second win in as many head-to-head matchups. Flippy Flop does not fare well against Audy Bears, who has a 39.88-point average margin of victory against them. It’s wider than their 25.06-point average margin of victory on the season. Josh Gordon led the way, garnering 27.30 points for Audy Bears. The last time these teams met, the Arizona Cardinals Defense led with 32.10. Audy Bears is averaging 173.20 points against Flippy Flop and beat them 164.50 – 133.70 in Week 12.
Missed Opportunities by Flippy Flop
- Calvin Johnson scored 5.20 points against a projected 16.96 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- With 2.00 points against a projected 4.33, Adam Jones did not meet his projection for the fourth straight game.
- The 2.25 points scored by Devin McCourty fell short of his 4.51-point projection, the fourth straight game where that has happened.
- The 3.25 points scored by Major Wright fell short of his 5.16-point projection, the fifth straight game where that has happened.
- Antonio Smith has scored below his projection in five straight games after scoring 2.00 points against a projected 3.19 this week.
- Audy Bears led the league in scoring for the second time this season with 181.90 points.
- Audy Bears has won five straight games, the longest current winning streak in the league.
- Audy Bears won by the largest margin of victory in the league (48.95 points) for the second time this season.
- The loss is the fourth straight for Flippy Flop and extends the longest current losing streak in the league.
- Flippy Flop underachieved for the ninth time this season, including the last three weeks in a row, scoring 132.95 points against a projected 165.24 this week.
- Flippy Flop lost by the biggest margin of the week for the second time this season.
- The 16.95 total points by the WRs on Flippy Flop was their lowest WR output this season.