[For the record, my teams are Half Measure and Flippy Flop.]
Whiskeydawgs Picks Up Win Against Half Measure, Rises to Fifth Place
Whiskeydawgs (4-3) 169.75
Half Measure (3-4) 133.20
Whiskeydawgs defeated Half Measure 169.75 – 133.20 and logged the second-highest point total this week. With this win, Whiskeydawgs scored 19.9% more than projected and has now beaten expectations three weeks running. Leading Half Measure, Robert Griffin III (37.30 points) and the Seattle Seahawks Defense (34.00) both ranked highly overall for the week. The gap could have been wider, Whiskeydawgs had a starter score zero points (Brett Keisel). Whiskeydawgs (4-3, 1,084.65 points) climbs into fifth place while Half Measure (3-4, 969.25 points) sinks into 13th place.
Missed Opportunities by Half Measure
- Had a chance to start Adam Vinatieri, who outdid his scoring projection of 11.41 points by scoring 22.00 points.
- Did not start Marcus Thigpen, who underachieved but still scored more than any RB on the team with 7.00 points against a projected 10.64.
- The RBs on Half Measure let them down, getting outgunned by the RBs on Whiskeydawgs 24.00 – 0.80.
- Half Measure had no luck at the K position, losing the point battle 17.00 – 1.00 to Whiskeydawgs.
- The TE position was a letdown for Half Measure, where they were outscored 12.10 – 2.20 by Whiskeydawgs.
- Of the losses Half Measure had, three were against opponents who topped their season scoring average that week.
- Half Measure topped their point expectations for the fourth week in a row. They have now overperformed versus projections for the fifth time.
- Devin Hester scored 21.50 points against a projected 7.60 in the loss and has now beaten his projection in four straight games.
- Half Measure got a combined 0.80 points from their RBs, their lowest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
Desert Destroyers Rallies to Beat Flippy Flop, Goes to 2-0 Against Them
Desert Destroyers (5-2) 150.80
Missed Opportunities by Flippy Flop
- Tom Brady was last in the matchup in scoring with -3.40 points against a projected 12.34 and has now underachieved in three straight games.
- Josh Freeman, who Flippy Flop picked up this week, scored below his 10.02-point projection with 0.90 points.
- Justin Houston has now failed to reach his projection for four straight games. This week he scored 4.00 points versus a projected 10.07.
- After a season-low 3.10 points against a projected 12.99, Trent Richardson has now scored below his projection in every game this season.
- Adam Jones had a season-low 1.40 points against a projected 2.96 and underachieved for the second time this season.
- Even though Flippy Flop lost, they had two players score higher than the leading scorer for Desert Destroyers.
- Doug Martin scored a season-low 6.60 points and underachieved for the sixth straight week.
- Flippy Flop got a combined 43.35 points from their WRs, their highest combined scoring output from the WR position this season.
- Desert Destroyers remains undefeated in comeback games this season, improving to 2-0.