I won and I lost. The victory caused the unseating of an undefeated team. My defeat cemented my dead-last position in my own league.
[For the record, my teams are Half Measure and Flippy Flop.]
Half Measure Beats 49ers
Half Measure (2-2) 159.05
49ers (3-1) 114.30
Half Measure took down 49ers 159.05 – 114.30, led by the Tennessee Titans Defense, who recorded the second-highest player score of the week with 52.00 points. Half Measure piled up 32.9% more points than projected (119.68). 49ers just fell short of hitting their projections and got 91.7% of their projected 124.66 points. 49ers was done in by a substantial drop in scoring from last week’s 157.55 – 141.30 win against The Braillers. Both sides missed scoring opportunities as Half Measure had one starter turn in zero points and 49ers also had one. Half Measure (2-2, 585.40 points) remains in 10th place and 49ers (3-1, 602.55 points) stays in second place.
Smooth Moves by Half Measure
- With 52.00 points, the Tennessee Titans Defense ranked second in the league in scoring this week and had the second-highest score of any player on Half Measure this season.
- Took the Seattle Seahawks Defense out of the starting lineup, which scored 40.00 points on the bench, fewer than the starting DEF.
- With 17.00 points against a projected 11.61, Blair Walsh had his highest output of the season and has now overachieved in three straight games.
- Devin Hester scored 21.40 points to beat his projected point total by 219.9%, which led the matchup.
- With 12.50 points, Marcus Thigpen had his highest output of the season and beat his projected point total by a season-high 66.9%.
- Robert Quinn scored 4.00 points against a projected 3.04 in the loss and has now beaten his projection in every game this season.
- 49ers saw their three-game win streak come to an end.
- The RBs on Half Measure collectively had their best week of the season with 12.50 points.
- The margin of victory of 44.75 points was the third-highest margin in the league this week.
- Half Measure overachieved and improves to 2-0 when doing so, while 49ers fell short of their projection. They are now 0-1 when scoring less than expected.
- Half Measure won without much help from Robert Griffin III, who had season-lows in both points scored and in scoring only 75.6% of his projected point total.
VGPA Lions Beats Flippy Flop, Jumps to League’s Pole Position
Flippy Flop(0-4) 144.95
Missed Opportunities by Flippy Flop
- Picked up Justin Houston, who scored 2.00 points against his projected 7.24.
- Trent Richardson scored 13.70 points against a projected 18.75 and has now underachieved in every game this season.
- Got beat by V.G.P.A. LIONS even though they had their lowest-scoring week of the season.
- Phil Dawson has now failed to reach his projection for three straight games. This week he scored 1.00 point versus a projected 6.38.
- Flippy Flop was faced with 3 starters coming up empty in points.
- It was a tough loss for Flippy Flop, which put up the 10th-biggest score for a losing team in the league this season.
- Flippy Flop has underachieved every week this season, scoring 144.95 points against a projected 169.10 this week.
- With a combined 49.35 points from their QBs, Flippy Flop got their highest combined scoring output from the QB position this season.
- This is the second week this season that V.G.P.A. LIONS has been in first place.