Call me a roulette wheel — I came up double zero this week.
[For the record, my teams are Half Measure and Flippy Flop.]
Stopka 316 Finishes Strong Against Half Measure
Stopka 316 (1-2) 132.55
Half Measure (1-2) 120.50
Stopka 316 benefited from 29.00 points from the Atlanta Falcons Defense and 23.55 from Matt Ryan to beat Half Measure 132.55 – 120.50. Stopka 316 came into the Sunday night game facing an 8.85-point deficit, but scored 25.00 for the comeback. Both sides failed to hit their projections, but Stopka 316 scored 99.0% of a projected 133.85 points to pick up the win. Half Measure, coming off a 173.80 – 125.35 win against POWERS, saw their scoring drop substantially this week. Stopka 316 started one player with zero points while Half Measure served up two goose eggs, meaning both sides missed scoring opportunities. Stopka 316 (1-2, 364.35 points) climbs into 13th place and Half Measure (1-2, 429.35 points) drops to 10th place.
Missed Opportunities by Half Measure
- Marcus Thigpen scored 4.80 points against a projected 8.78 and has now underachieved in every game this season.
- Half Measure tried to fight through 2 of their 12 starters getting zeros, but could not overcome it.
- It was a bad week at RB for Half Measure, who was outscored at the position 22.20 – 4.80 by Stopka 316.
- Devin Hester had a season-low 2.60 points against a projected 8.74 and underachieved for the second time this season.
- With a season-low 21.00 points versus a projected 25.40, Robert Griffin III failed to meet his projection for the first time this season.
- The 12.05-point margin of victory was the smallest in the league this week.
- Half Measure falls to 1-1 in comeback games this season.
- Half Measure ranked 12th in the league in scoring this week.
- In the loss, Scott Chandler had the third-highest TE score in the league this week with 15.90 points.
- Despite the loss, the Seattle Seahawks Defense led the matchup in scoring with 33.00 points.
- Blair Walsh exceeded his projected point total by 20.6% in the loss, scoring 14.00 points against a projected 11.61.
- Both teams failed to score as many points as projected for the week.
My idiot team.?! Tops Flippy Flop and Hands Them Third Loss in a Row
My idiot team.?! (1-2) 156.75
Flippy Flop (0-3) 128.85
My idiot team.?! took down Flippy Flop, who sputtered out of the gate, 156.75 – 128.85. Flippy Flop is having trouble getting started, and doesn’t have a win to speak of yet. Flippy Flop had two players rank highly this week. Drew Brees scored 27.00 points while the Cincinnati Bengals Defense put up 25.50. The outcome could have gone the other way, Flippy Flop had several starters score zero points. My idiot team.?! (1-2, 472.45 points) remains in sixth place while Flippy Flop (0-3, 372.00 points) stays in last place.
Missed Opportunities by Flippy Flop
- Flippy Flop left the 18.30 points scored by Ahmad Bradshaw on the bench this week. He beat his projected point total by 211.2%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league.
- Tom Brady has scored below his projection in every game this season after scoring 13.65 points against a projected 18.16 this week.
- Flippy Flop was faced with 4 starters coming up empty in points.
- T.Y. Hilton did not meet his 11.03-point projection this week, the second time that’s happened this season. His 2.30 points were also a season-low.
- Randall Cobb had a season-low 6.90 points against a projected 13.29 and scored below his projection for the first time this season.
- Flippy Flop would have lost to every other team in the league this week.
- In the loss, Adam Jones scored 4.00 points against a projected 2.64 and has now overachieved in every game this season.
- Flippy Flop scored 128.85 points against a projected 138.05 and has underachieved every week this season.
- Flippy Flop got a combined 40.65 points from their QBs, the highest combined scoring output from the QB position for any team this week.
- In the loss, Drew Brees ranked sixth in the league in scoring and had the highest output of any player on Flippy Flop this season with 27.00 points.
- The Cincinnati Bengals Defense performed well in the loss, ranking eighth in the league in scoring with a season-high 25.50 points.