Last year I realized my Yahoo Fantasy Football teams had auto-generated recaps each week, but failed to broadcast any. To add some breadth (and possible testosterone) to my blog, I shall post how I fared in both my leagues. If you would like in on my next league, let me know.
For the record, my teams are Half Measure and Flippy Flop. I lost both matches opening weekend. Want the shameful details? Read on…
Fighting Pirates Wins Stunner over Half Measure
Missed Opportunities by Half Measure
- Of the 12 starters on Half Measure, 9 underperformed versus their projections.
- Left Morgan Burnett in the starting lineup and he scored 0 points.
- J.J. Watt fell short of his scoring projection with 2.50 points, just 20.2% of his projected 12.40.
- All three of the starting RBs scored below their projected points.
- Mark Ingram had the fewest points of any starter on the team with 1.10 points.
Falcons Put the Stamp on Flippy Flop
Missed Opportunities by Flippy Flop
- Picked up and started Fred Davis, who then scored below his 5.68-point projection with 2.40 points.
- 4 of the 18 starters scored zero points for Flippy Flop.
- At the DEF position, Flippy Flop got outscored 14.30 – 5.30 by Falcons.
- Flippy Flop had only 8 of their 18 starters underperform versus their projections, but they still lost.
- The 5.30 points scored by the Cincinnati Bengals Defense was just 32.3% of their 16.42-point projection.
- Flippy Flop would have been beaten by every other team in the league this week.
- Flippy Flop would have needed an additional 111.76 points to beat all teams in the league this week.
- This matchup featured the two lowest-scoring teams in the league this week.
- The margin of victory was the second-largest in the league this week.
- Falcons won while scoring the fewest total points of any winning team in the league this week.